Happy Valentine’s Day, friends!
TGIF and Valentine’s Day all rolled up into one? Love it.
What I don’t love? More snow.
I had all sorts of plans to do my long run outside this weekend but apparently Mother Nature thought that was hysterical. Okay, I guess I could still technically run outside tomorrow, but clumsy Jess + running on icy sidewalks = disaster. So to the treadmill I go for 7 long and boring miles. Yay.
Anyway, in keeping in my happy TGIF/Valentine’s Day spirit, I am launching what I hope will be a regular feature on my blog called “Five for Friday.” I don’t take credit for the idea; I’ve seen similar series on other blogs. I love the idea, plus it’s a way to combine two of my favorite things: lists and random tidbits.
So here are this week’s Five for Friday:
1. Given that it’s Valentine’s Day, I thought it was appropriate to share these adorable sueded red D’Orsay flats I bought at Old Navy last weekend. It really needs to warm the heck up because I am dying to wear them. LOVE this style (gonna be huge for spring) and they’re so comfy too (plus you can’t beat $24.99).
2. Does anyone else get really excited when they discover a new recipe that is delicious AND easy? Me too! Two of the recipes I found for my meal plan were incredible: the Fall Panzanella Salad and Crispy Caper and Chick Pea Spaghetti. I’m definitely adding them to my regular meal rotation. The spaghetti dish, in particular, was so easy and perfect for a busy weeknight supper; my only advice is that it felt a little “heavy,” so next time I might serve it with some sautéed spinach or small salad.
3. I may be more excited than Buddy to see “The LEGO Movie” this weekend.
4. Traditionally, our Valentine’s Day dinner has been Indian takeout and cupcakes, but now that my new commute sadly does not have any decent Indian restaurants along the way, we’re switching it up with Thai … and cupcakes of course (so excited to try Georgetown Cupcakes – I’ve heard they’re worth the lunch time field trip to pick them up!).
5. And for the big news … Keeping Mommy Sane is getting a makeover! (Oh, how I wish Stacy London and Clinton Kelly were here to make that announcement). I admit I am not the most tech-savvy person, and while I’m honestly happy (and even a little impressed) with how my self-designed site turned out, I couldn’t be more thrilled to take my blog to the next level and present something that’s not only beautiful to look at, but also easy to navigate and (I hope!) still fun to read. I hope to launch the new Keeping Mommy Sane in the next few weeks, so stay tuned!
What five things are on YOUR mind as we head into the weekend?