I know you have your hands full this year with my kids’ Christmas wish lists (I hope you’re on that Kindle Fire than Buddy keeps harassing me about, because I keep punting this one to you … and don’t forget about Mimi’s request for “pink toys”).
But just in case you’re feeling especially generous this year, I thought I might take a cue from my friend Jessica and send
Dr. G. you a list of some gifts I wouldn’t mind seeing under the tree this year. Because as my fellow runners and fitness enthusiasts will attest, there’s nothing quite as exciting as getting new gear.
- Colored running capris: I realized the other day that literally every single pair of my running bottoms (both pants and skirts) are black and gray. Boooooooring. It would be nice to introduce a pop of color! Love this pink pair from Athleta.
- Running gloves: I was so glad to see this on Jessica’s blog because I desperately need some warm running gloves. My current pair is pretty flimsy, which I discovered the hard way during our 20-degree Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. Ouch. I love the cool features of these Brooks Adapt gloves , including a detachable LED flashlight and how the mitten part flips up to reveal gloves that are compatible with smartphones!
- Running sunglasses: I realized last summer that the brim of my running hat doesn’t always keep the sun from my eyes, which drives me crazy, because then I am squinting the whole way. And a runner who wears contact lenses, those windy runs can also wreak havoc on your eyes. However, I refuse to pay more than $50 for running sunglasses (seriously, most seem to retail over $100?!). These polarized LL Bean multisport wrap glasses look cute, and are both functional and affordable.
- Pass to new hot yoga studio that opened in town, at least for the winter months.
- Gaiam Yoga Gloves: I haven’t taken Bikram yoga in years, but the one thing I do remember from my past experiences is how much I sweat like a beast when the temps are cranked up like that. As a result, I end up slipping and sliding around my mat. Many people have recommended gloves, so it may be worth a shot.
- Gaiam Grippy Yoga Mat Towel: For the same reasons as the gloves.
- New running shoes: I’ve had my current pair of Brooks Glycerin 10s since April, and they’ve almost had it. But Santa, this year, could I go up a size to a 9.5? (P.S. They’re also on sale!)
- Oh She Glows cookbook: I love Angela’s blog and now I can’t wait to get my hands on her cookbook! She is one of my go-tos for healthy vegan recipes.
What do you have on your holiday fitness wish list this year?
P.S. I was not paid or compensated for including these products on my post. These really are some of the items I’m hoping to find under the tree Christmas morning (or will, most likely, go out and buy myself)